OUT OF THE BLUE AWARD

16 September 2013

My dear friends, this post wasn't planned.

However, I would like to share with you a little news that tickles my pride and gives me more reasons to work hard.

Last Friday, 13th of September I received two Honourable Mentions in Non-Pro Advertising : Food category at The International Photography Awards in Los Angeles.  This is an annual competition for professional, non- professional, and student photographers on a global scale, creating one of the most ambitious and comprehensive competitions in the photography world today as they describe themselves.



Here are the links for my entries, which are two series of images – The Spice Trail and Gastronomia e Natura Morta .


The 2013 International Photography Awards received nearly 18,000 submissions from 104 countries across the globe.  IPA is a sister-effort of the Lucie Foundation, where the top three winners are announced at the annual Lucie Awards gala ceremony.  The Foundation’s mission is to honour master photographers, to discover new and emerging talent and to promote the appreciation of photography.  Since 2003, IPA has had the privilege and opportunity to acknowledge and recognize contemporary photographer’s accomplishments in this specialized and highly visible competition.

I am grateful to all my friends that were supporting me and encouraging me and especially thankful for all direct, to-the-point and no nonsense critique I've received all those years!

Till my next post!
My very best wishes to you,

Sophia


© 2013 - sophia terra~ziva.  all rights reserved

2 comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground